Coronavirus - advice for low rise and high rise flats
Estate Services will be making every effort to continue to deliver essential services during the current coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.
However, while we continue to provide the best service possible there may be changes in the delivery of this service.
Your co-operation is appreciated - and please do not leave waste or bulky items in the communal areas at any time.
Caretaking and Cleaning Services
As an extension to the Caretaking and Cleaning Services provided to flatted estates, there is now an Out of Hours Caretaking Team which will provide ‘emergency’ cleaning and caretaking services from 6pm to 6am (Monday to Friday), 2pm to 6am (Saturday & Sunday).
The Out of Hours Caretaking Team will deal with items directly related to areas within and around high and low rise blocks that may be a threat to public health and safety including:
- Emergency cleaning e.g. bodily fluids, dog faeces, etc
- Bulky items such as furniture, carpet, electrical items, etc, that are considered to be combustible
- Communal glazing – e.g. broken partition glass
- In the event of an emergency or to address issues of an immediate nature.
Contacting the council
Wherever possible, please set up a MySandwell account to access council services, pay bills and report issues.
For people not online, call 0121 368 1166.
We're only able to carry out emergency repairs at the moment. Find out what is an emergency repair and how to report it.
Our Local offices are currently closed but staff are still working and supporting residents. You can email your Local for non-urgent matters:
Please observe the Government’s guidance on staying at home and social distancing:
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft 6in) away from other people at all times
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
In addition, in our low rise and high rise flats:
- Only use lifts when no-one else is using them
- Avoid congregating in communal areas
- Keep in touch with vulnerable neighbours – by phone or internet if possible, keep at a safe distance of at least 2m (6ft 6in) from others
- Please wash your hands regularly – especially after using doors, lifts and handrails
Our concierge service is currently running from 9am to 9pm so please ensure you take your fob with you if you need to leave so you can get back in.