Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
What Standards do I need to Maintain in a HMO?
There are certain standards that you will have to abide to when running a HMO. These are in place so that your tenants are safe. There are the Management Regulations which regulate how a HMO is managed and Amenity Standards are in place so that the rooms are the right size and the number of facilities provided are adequate. All properties are inspected using a risk based system known as HHSRS (Housing Health and Safety Rating System) which ensures there are no hazards in the property.
Pages in "Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO)"
- What is a HMO?
- HMO Licence Fee's
- Apply for a HMO Licence
- Does my HMO need a Licence?
- How do I get a HMO Licence?
- How long will it take?
- What happens if I am not a Fit and Proper Person?
- What about Non-Licensable HMO's?
- Temporary Exemption Notices (TEN)
- Can I apply to have my Licence varied?
- What are the Conditions attached to the Licence?
- What happens if I don't Licence my HMO?
- You are here What Standards do I need to Maintain in a HMO?
- Licensable HMO Room Sizes
- The Management Regulations
- What are Amenity Standards?
- What are the Duties of Tenants?
- Tenant Fees Act
- Fire safety in HMO’s
- Waste collection in HMO's