There's various help and support available for people living and working in Sandwell to help those who are struggling with how much they are drinking.
You can visit the Healthy Sandwell website to understand more about the support available in Sandwell.
What are the risks with drinking alcohol?
If you drink too much, then you put your body at risk of various serious conditions like liver disease, and heart disease. There are lots of short and long-term effects that affect your body, lifestyle and mental health. If you know the facts, you can make an informed choice about your drinking.
What support is available?
There's loads of different support available in Sandwell. The services can help you decide what you need to do to change your alcohol use, and offer the following support:
- advice and information about staying safe and help you to reduce how much you are drinking
- access to medical support
- general healthcare advice and information and complimentary therapies
- support with housing, employment, education, training and benefits
- information about service user support groups