If you, or someone you know needs support and advice on drugs, there's various support and advice available to help you.
What are the risks?
All drugs carry risks, and you never know how your body will react to a drug. Some drugs put pressure on your heart and breathing which can lead to heart failure. Some drugs are new, and their harms may not be fully known. Sometimes, drugs don't contain what you think they do, and they can include lots of nasty chemicals that could cause serious harm.
What support is available?
Our drug services can help you decide what you need to do to change your drug use. We offer:
- access to substitute prescribing medication
- general healthcare advice and information
- complimentary therapies
- support with housing, employment, education, training and benefits
- information about services user support groups
- services based at local health settings like GP surgeries, health centres or pharmacies.
We have support for people concerned about someone else's drug use. This could be if you are affected by someone else's drug use, or if you just need some information to support you.
Get in touch
Healthy Sandwell will be able to signpost to local services. You can call the team 9-5pm Monday to Thursdays, and 9-4.30pm on Fridays on 0800 011 4656 or 0121 569 5100. There's more information about local services on their website.