Sandwell Health and Wellbeing Board
Dying Matters week 13-19 May 2019
We know it’s not easy for everyone to talk about the prospect of death and dying but it’s something that we will all have to face. The Health and Wellbeing Board has a group that is looking into ways we can improve palliative and end of life care experiences for people in Sandwell, using a public health approach.
In support of Dying Matters week, we want to raise awareness of some of the services available and encourage you to take the time to have a chat about this taboo topic!
- Open day at the Heart of Sandwell Day Hospice, Rowley Regis Hospital, B68 8DA between 10.00am-3.00pm – find out more about therapies available
- Coffee morning at The Bridge, 10.00am-1.00pm, Murray Hall Community Trust, St Marks Road, Tipton, DY4 0SL
- Death Café at Wednesbury Library, 11.00am-1.00pm, Walsall Street, WS10 9EH, eat cake and have a chat, they aren’t as scary as they sound!
- Dying Matters awareness raising event, 10.30am-3.00pm, Jack Judge House library, B69 2AJ. Learn more about services available and have a cup of tea.
- Will writing and funeral planning pop-in event at Birmingham Treatment Centre, City Hospital, 9.00am-midday
- Palliative Care Showcase, Dying Matters for All followed by Death Café, 9.00am-12.30pm, Room 12/13, Medical Education Centre, Sandwell General Hospital, Lyndon, West Bromwich, B71 4HJ
Sandwell Valley Crematorium Open Day, 10.00-3.00pm Come along to see what services are available and see what happens behind the scenes in the crematorium, see a digital autopsy and meet and greet Sandwell’s Bereavement Team at Sandwell Valley Crematorium, Newton Road, West Bromwich, B71 3SX,
You can also visit any library in Sandwell across Dying Matters week to find out more. A list of libraries is available here
All year round...
Connected Palliative Care is a service run by Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospital Trust for patients and their relatives and carers in Sandwell and West Birmingham who have a life-limiting illness. The service provides 7 day access to a wide range of services for patients in their last year of life including hospice beds, domestic support and specialist palliative care. Contact your GP if you think this service could help you or a family member.
Find out more about the service by watching this short video
Pages in "Sandwell Health and Wellbeing Board"
- Sandwell Health and Wellbeing Board
- You are here Dying Matters week 13-19 May 2019