Safer Sandwell Partnership
The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 placed a statutory duty on a wide range of organisations to work together to tackle crime and improve community safety.
The local community safety partnership is known as the Safer Sandwell Partnership Local Police and Crime Board.
The Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 abolished police authorities replacing them with police and crime commissioners (PCCs).
The Safer Sandwell Partnership (SSP) and PCC are required to have regard for each other's priorities.
The SSP includes a wide range of organisations with representation on its board from:
- Sandwell Council
- West Midlands Police
- West Midlands Fire Service
- Staffordshire & West Midlands Community Rehabilitation Company
- National Probation Service
- Sandwell & West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sandwell Council of Voluntary Organisations
- Rights and Equality Sandwell
- Victim Support
The SSP works in partnership with a number of other organisations from across the public, private, voluntary and community sectors which include:
- Black Country Chamber of Commerce and Business Link
- Children and Young People's Trust Partnership
- West Midlands Magistrates Courts
- Sandwell Women's Aid
- Albion Foundation
- Sandwell Crown Prosecution Service
- Sandwell Connexions
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Black Country Mental Health and Social Care Trust
- Registered social landlords