Community safety and crime prevention
Safer Sandwell Partnership
The Safer Sandwell Partnership Local Police and Crime Board brings together the council, police, fire service, health and probation services and many others to tackle crime and improve community safety.
Safer Sandwell review
Every year, we look at how we are making Sandwell a safer and cleaner place to live.
Read more about this work in the Safer Sandwell review.
Safer 6 is an annual six-week autumn campaign.
We carry out high-profile work with the fire service, police and other organisations to promote crime prevention, safety and healthy living at a time of year when crime and anti-social behaviour can often rise.
This builds on our day-to-day partnership work.
West Midlands Police and Crime Panel
The West Midlands Police and Crime Panel (WMPCP) scrutinises and supports the work of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
We're here to help you
- Call West Midlands Police on 101 to report crime.
- Crimestoppers gives excellent advice on how to avoid becoming a victim of crime and you can report crime to the charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Always call 999 in an emergency.
- Victim Support? Go to the Victim Support website or call the free support line on 0808 1689 111.
- Read our advice about reporting anti-social behaviour and hate crime.
- Domestic abuse? Call Black Country Women’s Aid 0121 552 6448 or free 24-hour national helpline 0808 2000 247. Always call 999 in an emergency.
- Drug and alcohol treatment? Go to our Healthy Sandwell webpage or call Healthy Sandwell on 0800 011 4656. For under 18s, DECCA (Drug Education, Counselling and Confidential Advice) Team runs the Our Guide To website or you can call 0121 569 2201.
- Fire safety? Call West Midlands Fire Service on 0800 389 5525 for advice and to book a free home fire safety visit.
- Find out more about online abuse and harassment.
See something, do something!
Watch our short film on what to do if you're concerned about someone's safety and welfare.
Who are we?
Our partnership board has six statutory members:
- Sandwell Council
- West Midlands Police
- West Midlands Fire Service
- Sandwell & West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
- Staffordshire & West Midlands Community Rehabilitation Company
- National Probation Service
We work very closely with the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner and have the Assistant Police and Crime Commissioner and Youth Police and Crime Commissioners on our board.
Our community and voluntary sector representatives include councillors, Sandwell Council for Voluntary Organisations, Rights & Equality Sandwell, Sandwell Women's Aid and Victim Support.