Safer 6 in your town
Our annual autumn six-week Safer 6 campaign runs across our six towns.
Organisations target their efforts and provide extra reassurance as the nights draw in – a time when crime and anti-social behaviour can often rise.
This builds on their close work together day in, day out throughout the year through the Safer Sandwell Partnership to make Sandwell a safer and cleaner.
The 10th annual Safer 6 campaign ran for six weeks from Saturday 7 September to Sunday 20 October 2019.
Read a round-up of the results so far from this year's campaign. This is just a snapshot as results are still coming in.
Each town had a focus week with activities and events:
- Week 1: 9 to 15 September 2019 – Rowley Regis
- Week 2: 16 to 22 September 2019 – Tipton
- Week 3: 23 to 29 September 2019 – Smethwick
- Week 4: 30 September to 6 October 2019 – Wednesbury
- Week 5: 7 to 13 October 2019 – Oldbury
- Week 6: 14 to 20 October 2019 – West Bromwich
The key themes of this year's campaign were:
- Tackling crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting young people
- Tackling environmental issues
- Supporting vulnerable people
- Working with partner organisations and local people
Follow the campaign on Twitter using the #Safer6 and #SaferSandwell hashtags.
Sandwell Council led this year’s campaign with support from Sandwell Police, West Midlands Fire Service and a wide range of partner organisations and community groups.
Email the Safer 6 team at email@example.com for more information.
We also have lots of health advice, including advice and support about drug and alcohol misuse.