Safer 6 in your town
Our annual autumn six-week Safer 6 campaign runs across our six towns.
Organisations target their efforts and provide extra reassurance as the nights draw in – a time when crime and anti-social behaviour can often rise.
This builds on their close work together day in, day out throughout the year through the Safer Sandwell Partnership to make Sandwell a safer and cleaner.
We're already planning this year's campaign, the 10th annual Safer 6, which will run for six weeks starting in September 2019.
We'll have more information on this webpage soon.
Safer 6 2018 campaign
Sandwell Council led the 2018 campaign with support from Sandwell Police, West Midlands Fire Service, schools, councillors and a range of partner organisations and community/voluntary groups including Litterwatch, Sandwell Crime Prevention Panel and Agewell.
Our 2018 campaign focused on:
- Tackling crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting young people
- Tackling environmental issues
- Working with partner organisations and local people
Each town had a focus week with activities and events:
- Week 1: 1 – 7 October: Rowley Regis – Read the results from Week 1
- Week 2: 8 – 14 October: Tipton – Read the results from Week 2
- Week 3: 15 – 21 October: Oldbury – Read the results from Week 3
- Week 4: 22 – 28 October: West Bromwich – Read the results from Week 4
- Week 5: 29 October – 4 November: Wednesbury – Read the results from Week 5
- Week 6: 5 – 11 November: Smethwick – Read the results from Week 6
You can follow the campaign on Twitter using the #Safer6 hashtag.
For more info, email the Safer 6 team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have lots of health advice, including advice and support about drug and alcohol misuse.