Safer 6 in your town
Our annual autumn six-week Safer 6 campaign runs across our six towns.
Organisations target their efforts and provide extra reassurance during the darker nights, fireworks and bonfire season – a time when crime and anti-social behaviour can often rise.
This builds on their close work together day in, day out throughout the year through the Safer Sandwell Partnership to make Sandwell a safer and cleaner.
Sandwell Council is leading this year’s campaign with support from Sandwell Police, West Midlands Fire Service, schools and a range of partner organisations and community/voluntary groups including Litterwatch, Sandwell Crime Prevention Panel and Agewell.
Our 2018 campaign will focus on:
- Tackling crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting young people
- Tackling environmental issues
- Working with partner organisations and local people
Each town will have a focus week with activities and events:
- Week 1: 1 – 7 October: Rowley Regis
- Week 2: 8 – 14 October: Tipton
- Week 3: 15 – 21 October: Oldbury
- Week 4: 22 – 28 October: West Bromwich
- Week 5: 29 October – 4 November: Wednesbury
- Week 6: 5 – 11 November: Smethwick
You can follow the campaign on Twitter using the #Safer6 hashtag and read the results from our 2017 campaign.
For more info, email the Safer 6 team at email@example.com
Don't miss the Safer 6 campaign launch event and fun-packed open day at Haden Cross Fire Station, Halesowen Road, Cradley Heath, from 10am to 3pm on Saturday 29 September. This will launch the campaign and the focus week for Rowley Regis.
Other town information roadshows include:
- Tipton – Monday 8 October, 10am-12noon at Asda Great Bridge, Brickhouse Lane
- Oldbury – Tuesday 16 October, 1pm-3pm at Oldbury Civic Square
- West Bromwich – Monday 22 October, 10am-12noon outside Poundland, Queen's Square
- Wednesbury – Tuesday 30 October, 10am-12noon in Wednesbury Town Square, Union Street
- Smethwick – Monday 5 November, 11am-2pm at Asda Cape Hill, off Windmill Lane
We also have lots of health advice, including advice and support about drug and alcohol misuse.