Providing evidence

Providing documents

Getting your documents to us

If you have received a prepaid envelope from us then you should use this to return your documents to us. As the envelope is prepaid you won’t need to put a stamp on it.

If you have not received a prepaid envelope then your documents can be posted to FREEPOST RBSANDWELL. 

Documents sent in this way will travel through Royal Mail Second Class post. 

In case you want to send your documents first class or through recorded delivery you can send your documents through the post to Sandwell MBC (Revenues and Benefits), PO Box 10597, Nottingham, NG6 6DQ.

If you bring your documents into one of our counters at Oldbury Council House or Kings Square you will need to place them in an envelope and put them into one of the dropboxes that are available there. These are emptied daily and sent to our mail processing centre. 


How will I get my documents back?

Your original documents will normally be returned from our mail processing centre by first class post. If you have provided a Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate or Passport then these will always be sent back to you by Recorded Delivery.

Any non original documents (e.g. Photocopies) that are received will be stored and then securely disposed of after three months. These can be returned to you if you enclose a note in the envelope requesting this.