West Midlands Combined Authority Mayoral election
How people voted in Sandwell
- James Burn - Green Party - 2,032
- Pete Durnell - UK Independence Party (UKIP) - 4,704
- Beverley Anne Nielsen - Liberal Democrats - 2,029
- Sion Llewelyn Simon - Labour and Co-operative Party - 29,085
- Graham John Stevenson - Communist - 672
- Andy Street - The Conservative Party - 14,361
Total number of votes: 53,657
Total number of rejected votes: 774
As no-one achieved 50% across the West Midlands, the Labour and Conservative candidates are carried forward to the second stage. The ballot papers from the other candidates are then redistributed in accordance with their second preference votes. Any for the top two candidates are added to their first stage totals.
Second preference votes in Sandwell
- Sion Llewelyn Simon - Labour and Co-operative Party - 2,476
- Andy Street - The Conservative Party - 2,260
- Not counted/rejected 4,701
Total number of second preference votes counted: 9,437
General election 2017
Your vote is your vote
We work closely with other council services, external organisations such as the Electoral Commission and West Midlands Police to safeguard your vote.
The WMCA Mayoral election will be conducted using the supplementary voting system, which was used in the Police and Crime Commissioner election in 2016.
- The deadline for applying for a proxy vote (someone to vote on your behalf) is Tuesday 25 April at 5pm
- Votes will be counted at Tipton Sports Academy on Friday 5 May
- The result of the election will be announced on Friday 5 May.