Working during an election

You can apply to work on election day.

A number of positions are available, for example presiding officers, poll clerks and counting staff.

No experience is necessary for some positions but to apply for a presiding officer position you need at least two years experience as a poll clerk.

The fees paid for these positions varies depending upon the type of election.

If you are interested, you can find out more about working during an election.

For  Sandwell council staff, download the application form here.

If you don't work for the council, please use this application form.

If you are just interested in helping at the election count you can complete an application form here.