Feedback and complaints
You can make a comment, complaint or give any other kind of feedback, such as a suggestion or compliment in different ways:
On the web:
By telephone: 0121 569 7867
Or by writing to us:
Customer Focus Team
Sandwell Council House
- We have a procedure for comments, complaints and compliments.
- The children's social care complaints procedure is based on a principle of a 3 stage process.
- The adults social care complaints procedure is based on a principle of a 1 stage process.
- The public health complaints procedure is based on a principle of a 1 stage process.
- For complaints about NHS services – please contact the POhWER NHS complaints advocacy service which supports anyone through the NHS process of making a complaint.
What if I am not happy with the way my complaint is dealt with?
- You can request consideration for a stage 2 independent investigation after a stage 1 response has been provided (unless it is a complaint for adult social care or public health in this case you need to approach the Local Government Ombudsman).
- You may approach the Local Government Ombudsman at any stage of your complaint. The office is unbiased and independent and investigations are carried out in private.
If your are not happy with how your complaint about health and safety has been dealt with you can contact the Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel.
How to raise concerns with your child's school
- Sandwell schools want their pupils to be healthy, happy, safe, and to do well. But sometimes things may seem to go wrong, which may lead you to voice your concerns.
- The school will want to know about any issues you have, so you may find it helpful to read some frequently asked questions, before you get in touch with them.
Freedom of Information and Data Protection
- Submit a Data Protection request or complain about the use of your personal information
- Submit a Freedom of Information request or obtain a review of your Freedom of Information response