Cabinet and council structure
Each cabinet member is responsible for specific issues and services - this is known as their portfolio.
The Leader of the Council is Councillor Yvonne Davies.
The cabinet members for 2019/20 are:
- Cabinet Member for Living Healthy Lives – Councillor Farut Shaeen
- Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Skills and Employment – Councillor Danny Millard
- Cabinet Member for Best Start in Life – Councillor Joyce Underhill
- Statutory Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Safer Communities – Councillor Maria Crompton
- Cabinet Member for Sustainable Transport – Councillor Jackie Taylor
- Cabinet Member for Homes – Councillor Joanne Hadley
- Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Resources and Core Services and Inclusive Economic Growth – Councillor Wasim Ali
The council's constitution sets out the procedures, regulations and protocols in relation to decision making.You can find this document on the council's Committee Management Information System.