Taxi and Private Hire licences
Hackney Carriage fares
The fare is shown on the taximeter, which records on a basis of time and distance at the following rates:
Mileage tariff 1 (0600 to 2200)
- For the first mile (or part thereof) - £4.00
- For each subsequent 110 yards (or part) - 10p
- Or for each subsequent mile thereafter - £1.60
- Waiting time (per hour) - £16.00
Mileage tariff 2 (2200 to 0600)
- For the first mile (or part thereof) - £4.80
- For each subsequent 110 yards (or part) - 15p
- Or for each subsequent mile thereafter - £2.40
- Waiting time (per hour) - £24.00
- For hiring on Sundays and Bank Holidays between 0600 and 2200 hours - 45p
- For hiring from 1800 on Christmas Eve, throughout Christmas Day and Boxing Day - Double tariff 1 charge
- For hiring between the hours of 1800 on New Years Eve and 0600 on New Years Day - Double tariff 1 charge
- For every article of luggage conveyed outside the passenger compartment of the carriage after the first article of luggage - 10p
- For each person over the age of 7 years in excess of 4 - 75p
- Soilage fee - £50.00
- Assistance Dogs - Free Of Charge
Any complaint of overcharge, or about the Hackney Carriage Vehicle or driver should be sent to the Licensing Authority at the address below quoting the registration number/plate of the vehicle.
Taxi Licensing Office, Sandwell MBC, Waterfall Lane , Cradley Heath. B64 6RL.
Tel: 0121 569 6655
Please note: the meter must be on at all times but you may negotiate the fare with the driver.