Taxi and Private Hire licences
Applying for Taxi and Private Hire licences
New driver applications
When applying to become a licensed taxi driver you should have read the handbook and associated supporting information before completing your application.
When you apply you will also be required to upload a number of documents, for example:
- A valid UK driving licence
- A valid UK work permit, if applicable
- A current DBS certificate, less than 3 months old
- A wheelchair certificate, if applicable
- The CSE (Child Sexual Exploitation), Safeguarding and Equality Awareness training certificate
- The Sandwell Knowledge test certificate, less than 6 months old
To be able to apply, you will need to create a MySandwell account. Click on the button below and follow the instructions to create the account.
Private hire operators, vehicle applications and renewing driver applications
If you are applying to be a private hire operator or if you want to apply to renew your licence, please use the forms below:
Taxi and Private Hire Licensing Office, Waterfall Lane, Cradley Heath. B64 6RL.
Tel: 0121 569 6655