What we do
The ICT section design, plan, deploy and provide ongoing operation and technical support of all Information and Communication Technology infrastructure in Sandwell MBC.
Service deskYou can learn how to:-
- Receive & log calls from our customers on a Service Desk system
- Understand and recognise Incidents, Service requests & change calls
- Resolve calls over the telephone
- Notify customers of updates
- Resolve calls using remote tools.
NetworksYou can learn how to:-
- Use pro-active monitoring systems for network faults
- Learn how devices communicate with each other across a network.
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Understand Comms cabinets & how to patch new ports.
Mobile supportYou can learn how to:-
- Work at various customer sites
- Resolve desktop & laptop issues
- Implement changes to desktop estate
- Use software deployment tools
Project managementYou can learn how to:-
- An Overview of Project Management in ICT
- Use Project Management Techniques in delivering ICT Change
- Run through a non ICT example of a simple project