May Day Bank Holiday - our offices are closed

Council offices and contact centres are closed on Saturday 29 April and Monday 1 May. We're open again on Tuesday 2 May. Bins will be collected as normal on Bank Holiday Monday.

Getting married

If you're planning a wedding - congratulations! We hope your big day goes well.
Find out more about getting married at Sandwell Register Office.

Giving notice of marriage

For all weddings (except Church of England weddings) you must give notice of marriage at your local Register Office. In Sandwell this is the Sandwell Register Office in West Bromwich.

Civil wedding ceremonies

A 'civil ceremony' is a wedding that doesn't take place in a church.

If want your civil ceremony in Sandwell you can get married at the Sandwell Register Office which is the beautiful Grade II listed Highfield House in West Bromwich or other approved wedding venues.