Out of hours death registrations and burial services
An out-of-hours service is available for families who need to register a death so that an urgent burial can take place either at a weekend or a Bank Holiday.
This service is for when a burial needs to take place on the day of death or the next day after.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer an out-of-hours cremation service.
If you need to register a death and organise a burial service outside normal office hours:
- The death must have occurred in Sandwell and must not have been reported to the coroner.
- A medical certificate of cause of death must have been issued and be available at the time of registration.
- Provisional funeral arrangements must be in place.
Out-of-hours death registrations
Our out-of-hours death registration service is available on 07810 152159 on weekends and Bank Holidays from 9am - 1pm.
Out-of-hours burial arrangements
Our out-of-hours burial arrangement service is available on 07391 414 254 on weekends and Bank Holidays:
- From 9am-2pm between 1 October and 31 March
- From 9am-3pm between 1 April and 30 September