Burials and cremations
Update on funeral services during the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic
- Reception areas at our crematoria are now closed. Our Books of Remembrance rooms will be closed but inscriptions are still available online. If you need to contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 569 6700.
- Cremation and funeral services will still go ahead. We are asking families to limit the number of people attending funerals. Government guidance can be found online. We can accommodate up to 20 mourners at Sandwell Valley Crematorium and 16 at Rowley Regis Crematorium.
- We have webcasting facilities at Sandwell Valley Crematorium and Rowley Regis Crematorium so family and friends who cannot attend can still be part of the service. This will be available free of charge
- We will also be asking those attending services to follow social distancing guidelines and keep two metres apart. Seating at our chapels will be laid out to follow this and we will be asking funeral directors to make sure this is followed at other places of worship for services.
- Cemeteries and crematoria are now open. In order for us to keep our sites open we ask all our residents to follow government and PHE guidance and adhere to social distancing advice.
These changes follow the latest government advice. They are to protect and reduce the risk to residents, vulnerable groups, funeral directors and our own staff. We will continue to provide support and services at what is a difficult and emotional time in people's lives.
We will review these measures as soon as we possibly can and hope that you understand why we have taken this difficult decision.