What goes in my bins?
Please remember - we will not empty bins that are overflowing and we do not take black bags or other waste left at the side of the bin.
More information on our recycling services in Sandwell can be found in the Big Guide to Recycling in Sandwell.
For a quick guide to what you can or can’t put in your blue lid recycling bin, see our recycling guide.
You can put the following in your blue lid recycling bin:
- cardboard and card
- food and drink cans
- food and drink cartons
- plastic packaging (including plastic bottles and plastic food trays)
- glass bottles and jars
- plastic carrier bags - please empty bags before putting these in your recycling bin
- empty aerosol cans.
You can put the following in your food waste container:
- tea and coffee grounds
- bread and pastries
- meat and bones
- fruit and vegetables
You can put the following in your green garden waste bin:
- grass cuttings
- shrub and hedge clippings
- plants and weeds
- twigs and bark
- pot plant compost.
Anything that can't be recycled can go in your household waste bin, for example:
- hard plastics, such as toys
- polystyrene plastic
- pet bedding
- dog mess or other pet waste
- cat litter
- disposable nappies, incontinence or sanitary products
- heavily soiled or greasy packaging (ie pizza boxes/chip papers)
- wet or soiled paper
- textiles that are worn out or soiled and otherwise can't be given to a charity shop or collection
- foil plastics such as sweet or crisp packets
- broken pottery or cookware
If you have extra rubbish or recycling you can take it to our Household Recycling Centre (you might call this 'the tip') in Oldbury.