What goes in my bins?
More information on our recycling services in Sandwell can be found in the Big Guide to Recycling in Sandwell.
For a quick guide to what you can or can’t put in your blue lid recycling bin, see our recycling guide.
You can put the following in your blue lid recycling bin:
- cardboard and card
- food and drink cans
- food and drink cartons
- plastic packaging (including plastic bottles and plastic food trays)
- glass bottles and jars
- plastic carrier bags - please empty bags before putting these in your recycling bin
- empty aerosol cans.
You can put the following in your food waste container:
- tea and coffee grounds
- bread and pastries
- meat and bones
- fruit and vegetables
You can put the following in your green garden waste bin:
- grass cuttings
- shrub and hedge clippings
- plants and weeds
- twigs and bark
- pot plant compost.
Anything that can't be recycled can go in your household waste bin, for example:
- hard plastics, such as toys
- polystyrene plastic
- pet bedding
- dog mess or other pet waste
- cat litter
- disposable nappies, incontinence or sanitary products
- heavily soiled or greasy packaging (ie pizza boxes/chip papers)
- wet or soiled paper
- textiles that are worn out or soiled and otherwise can't be given to a charity shop or collection
- foil plastics such as sweet or crisp packets
- broken pottery or cookware
If you have extra rubbish or recycling you can take it to our Household Recycling Centre (you might call this 'the tip') in Oldbury.