Help with buying school uniform
If you live in Sandwell, receive one of the benefits listed below and your child will be in reception class or Years 7 to 11 from September 2019 you may qualify for a voucher towards the cost of your child’s school uniform. Vouchers will not be available to any child in a Nursery class, in Years 1 to 6 or in Years 12 to 14.
The contributions available for this year are:
- £20 for a child starting in an eligible reception class school from September 2019 only
- £25 for child at an eligible secondary school in Years 7 to 11 from September 2019 only
It is important you read the following before applying;
You must be receiving one of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income-based only)
- Universal Credit - with a household net income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get) **
- Child Tax Credit (not including any Working Tax Credit), with an annual income of less than £16,190
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related only)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (Inc. Child Tax Credit)
You will not qualify for a school uniform voucher if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit. Please check your latest tax credit awards notice if you are unsure.
** If you are in receipt of Universal Credit you may be asked to provide supporting evidence, for example a copy of your Universal Credit Statement(s)
Please Note: If your child attends any of the following Sandwell schools, do not apply for a voucher from Sandwell MBC as you will not qualify for a voucher. You will need to apply to the school directly
- Oldbury Academy
- Ormiston Sandwell Community School
- RSA Academy
- Sandwell Academy
- Shireland Collegiate Academy
- Shireland Technology Primary
- Victoria Park Primary Academy
- Health Futures UTC
In addition if you live in the Sandwell borough but your child attends an Academy outside the Sandwell borough you will need to apply directly to that school as you will not qualify for a voucher.
You must apply before the 31st January 2020 as any applications received after this date will be refused.
For further information, call the education benefits team on 0121 569 8186 or 569 8189.